The Annual Meeting of the New Mark Commons Homes Association, Inc. is scheduled for Monday, March 13, 2017, at 7:30 PM in the Clubhouse. The Annual Meeting provides the opportunity to elect new Board members, meet neighbors, and learn more about the community. Final details of the program are in process.
Each year, NMC residents elect new board members to guide the Association affairs.
In 2017 three seats are open on the seven-member Board. Each member elected serves a three-year term.
Board of Directors candidates are self-nominated. The process consists of submitting a Statement of Intent/Candidate Statement to the Administrator by the filing deadline, February 20, 2017.
To encourage more active and informed resident participation in seeking and filling NMC Board positions, we are introducing some enhancements to the 2017 Board election process:
- Providing a more structured Candidate Statement of Intent for the written statements of qualifications, to acquaint residents more consistently with all of the candidates.
- Dedicating part of the February 2, Board Community Forum (from 7-7:30) to participate in dialogue between current board members and anyone considering running for the Board. To complete the dialogue, we encourage former Board members and other interested residents to join us.
- Organizing an opportunity for a community forum after the slate is final, to give residents a chance to meet and talk with all of the candidates before casting their votes. The exact date and format will be announced at a later date.
Becoming a Board member involves a commitment to the community that you will attend to the community’s business at monthly Board meetings (on the first Thursday of each month), and be available to serve as Board liaison to a committee and/or participate in additional meetings and projects on occasion. Serving on the Board is an enlightening experience that gives you the chance to interact with your neighbors and lead us forward.
Board of Directors candidates are self-nominated. Statements of Intent, including candidate statements, must be delivered or emailed to email@example.com no later than February 20, 2017. Please consider volunteering to serve your community.The January 2017 newsletter later this month will provide full details about the timeline and voting process at the Annual Meeting or via absentee ballot.
These additional links might be helpful:
- NMC Bylaws [Article V, beginning on p. 4, defines the roles of Directors]:
- NMC Governing Documents
- Minutes of past NMC Board meetings
- CCOC Common Ownership Communities Board Member Training [required of all directors elected after 1/1/2016]
- General articles about serving on HOA Boards: