Wednesday, September 4, 7:00 p.m.
A new committee being formed to welcome new neighbors to the community is to launch at 7 p.m. Wednesday, September 4, at the Clubhouse. Residents are encouraged to come to the meeting to learn more details and get involved. What follows is the article published in the August newsletter by the three residents starting this effort .
We think it would be good for New Mark to have a group of people who could take the lead to reach out to new neighbors, provide them with information about New Mark (and about our listing on the National Register of Historic Places) and about Rockville, and introduce them to their new neighborhood.
We envision members of the committee doing three things:
- GO! Greet new neighbors as soon as possible after they move in.
- SHOW: Share contact information, provide a welcome packet with information about Rockville and New Mark (especially the New Mark website) and give a small welcoming gift like a pineapple, cookies, or a dish of home cooked food.
- KNOW: Introduce them to neighbors or invite them to a small gathering.
We don’t see this committee requiring a lot of time. We will have an initial organizing meeting on Wednesday, September 4 at 7 p.m. in the Clubhouse, and then as needed, once a year or so. We can use the Internet to keep in touch, share ideas and information, and bring new people into the committee. Right now, we need some volunteers to:
- Share ideas for the Welcoming Committee
- Create a flyer with important info for new neighbors
- Decide what goes in the welcome packets and assemble them
- Set up a communication system
We hope you’re interested. If so, let one of us know or just come to the meeting!
Karin Boychyn (301) 762-1869, email@example.com
Madeline Gupta (301) 424-0163, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita Molyneaux (301) 251-0940, email@example.com