800 BLOCK CONCRETE WORK RESCHEDULED
- Due to weather delays, the contractor has rescheduled the concrete repairs in the 800 block. The start date for the 800 Block of New Mark Esplanade is now Monday, November 12, 2018 and work will continue through Friday, November 16, 2018
- A large orange sign has been posted at the entrance to the court notifying residents of the dates of construction which are subject to change due to weather delays and any unforeseen conditions the contractor may encounter. The first phase of work will involve concrete curb and sidewalk replacement. The repaving of the parking lots will be scheduled at a later date and residents will be notified accordingly.
- This will require all vehicles to be evacuated from the courts between the hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. Residents will be able to access and park on the courts after 5:00 pm and overnight but evacuation must take place by 7:00 am the next morning.
- There will be towing enforcement for vehicles that are not evacuated from the courts on the dates of scheduled construction.
800 BLOCK PARKING LOT REPAVING TO BEGIN MONDAY, NOV. 19
A.B. Veirs & Sons Paving has scheduled the repaving of the parking lots in the 800 block of New Mark Esplanade.
- The project is scheduled to begin in the 800 block of New Mark Esplanade on Monday, November 19, 2018 – Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
- A large orange sign has been posted at the entrance to the court notifying residents of the dates of construction which are subject to change due to weather delays and any unforeseen conditions the contractor may encounter. This second phase of work will involve the milling and repaving of the parking lots.
- All vehicles are required to be completely evacuated from the 800 block of New Mark Esplanade by 7:00 am on Monday, November 19, 2018 for the duration of the 3 day repaving. There will be no exceptions due to active construction taking place and heavy equipment and machinery that will be on-site. For the safety of all residents, no vehicular traffic will be permitted until the lot is re-opened by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 21, 2018. PLEASE NOTE: In the event of rain during this timeframe, the job will be delayed and we will do our best to keep residents notified of any delays in the schedule.
- THE CONTRACTOR HAS INFORMED US THAT THE PARKING LOT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE ON THANKSGIVING DAY.
- Flyers will be posted on all doors and vehicles in the 800 block of New Mark Esplanade.
- There will be towing enforcement for vehicles that are not evacuated from the courts by 7:00 am on Monday, November 19, 2018.
PLEASE Respect Private Driveways and Narrow Side Streets When Moving Your Cars!!! The parking crunch during weeks of townhome concrete repairs and repaving has its frustrations. Abaris and the Board have tried to accommodate the overflow as best as possible. Here’s an overview of where to park and where NOT to park:
- Residents may not be aware that some of the small circles of detached homes are PRIVATE DRIVEWAYS. The residents of each of these small circles must maintain their own paving and cement work. PLEASE respect the circles and do not park there. These private circles include 10-11 Watchwater Way; 20-23 Watchwater Way; 15-18 Welwyn Way; 23-25 Welwyn Way; the detached homes in the 500 NME Block; and 701-705 New Mark Esplanade.
- Abaris has arranged with the city to allow parking ALL ALONG New Mark Esplanade on what would be the LEFT side when entering the Esplanade at the Totem Pole. This has been referred to in past communications as the LAKE SIDE to clarify which side you can park on, but applies to the entire left side of New Mark Esplanade, not just along the lake.
- Please consider parking in the Clubhouse Parking lot or in the un-reserved spaces in parking lots that are not being worked on.
- Parking is also allowed along other city streets with names other than New Mark Esplanade unless there are “no parking” signs there. But PLEASErespect the narrow width of those streets. We’re told that garbage trucks had problems getting through on Watchwater Way during recent days due to parking on both sides of that street. Also, please don’t block access to driveways, which could result in towing by the city.
Residents who have questions regarding this project should direct them to our property manager, Shireen Ambush at email@example.com. Please do not approach the construction crews that are working on the property while the work is in progress and steer clear of the areas where active construction is taking place for your own safety. We thank all residents for their patience and cooperation while we undergo one of the largest capital replacement project in the history of New Mark Commons and we all look forward its smooth and successful completion!