Copies of New Mark Commons: A Community Memoir were delivered to every residence in NMC over the weekend. If your household did not receive a copy, or if you want information about purchasing one of the limited number of additional copies available, please contact Pat Reber or Judy Rudolph.
Note the following dates for upcoming NMC 50th Anniversary activities, culminating in the Board Open House and program on October 21:
- Tuesday, October 11: RSVP deadline for 10/21 Board Open House to firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 340-0288.
- Monday, October 16: Presentation of Certificate of Recognition to New Mark Commons by Rockville Mayor and Council, City Hall, 7 p.m. (Check for final agenda that day at http://www.rockvillemd.gov/AgendaCenter for time.) The video created by David Sloane and the committee will be shown at the Council meeting.
- Saturday, October 21, 5-7 p.m., NMC Clubhouse: Board Open House and 50th
- The historic exhibit will be on display in the Clubhouse and the video will be shown.
- We expect the plaque commemorating NMC’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places to be in place on the exterior at that time.
- Sunday, October 22, 3 p.m.-. We plan to open the Clubhouse to extend the historic exhibit; more details will follow.
Many thanks to the members of the 50th Anniversary and NMC staff member Kirsten Hall for continuing to contribute their time, talent, and effort the these activities.